View Single Post
Old 03-12-16, 07:24 PM
VegasTriker

Bikes: Catrike 700, Greenspeed GTO trike, , Linear LWB recumbent, Haluzak Horizon SWB recumbent, Balance 450 MTB, Cannondale SM800 Beast of the East

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 523 Post(s)
Liked 229 Times in 181 Posts
Started riding recumlbent bikes in 2000. The nearest dealer was 300 miles away so what I bought depended on what showed up in the classified ads of our local newspaper (pre-CL). First was BikeE AT compact long wheelbase with OSS for $700. Bad choice. Pretty inefficient IMHO. Next was a 1997 Linear Long wheelbase for $500. Came with OSS installed and USS parts in a box. Tried riding it with both (at one time) and ditched the OSS bars within two weeks. I rode it 3,000 miles in the first 11 months. I crashed it a couple times and moved on to a trike but probably have about 7K miles on it so it wasn't a bad choice. I also own an Haluzak Horizon SWB that I bought used for $800 in 2004 when it was still in production and the MSRP was $2,300. It has USS. It's a nice bike with decent components and handles a lot quicker than the 84" long Linear. It's just a tad too far off the ground to be completely comfortable. I probably put 1,000 miles on it since 2004. It hasn't been out for more than a short ride in several years. I like riding trikes. Have about 40K miles total on three different trikes. To each his own.