Old 03-13-16, 04:54 PM
Vonruden

Bikes: Looking for a Baylis or Wizard in 59-62cm range

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 374 Post(s)
Liked 346 Times in 115 Posts
1982 JP Weigle

So last weekend I picked up this beauty after a 400 mile round trip from NJ to Connecticut. It's a 1982 JP Weigle 61cm that fits me perfect. It wasn't cheap, I sold the Fat City cycles Slim Chance and 1971 Raleigh Professional track bike to fund this one. N-1 I guess It has a mix of old campy and newer 9 speed Centaur.

The seller knows Peter personally and bought from him to ride in the 2014 French fender day. I believe the original owner had sold back to Peter or maybe Peter sold for him to the 2nd owner. Fortunately for me, this one was to small for the 2nd owner and after one ride it sat unridden since FF day.
I don't plan on changing much, thinking of going with a Nitto m18 rack up front, swapping the Cinelli tour bars for Nitto rando 135's and a taller stem with a little less reach. I swapped out the Japanese Belt saddle for a Brooks Professional.

I can't decide on brown leather bar tape or yellow or light blue cloth tape, or maybe shellacked brown??? Opinions welcomed.

Here is a link and photos from the bike shop that had helped with the previous owners build.
Vintage J.P. Weigle ? Storrs Center Cycle

Last edited by Vonruden; 03-13-16 at 04:57 PM.