Old 03-14-16, 08:41 AM
2manybikes

Bikes: 2 many

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1266 Post(s)
Liked 323 Times in 169 Posts
Originally Posted by Hypno Toad
I was out riding with Lisa, her first ride outdoors with the road bike for the season. It was a busy day on the roads and trails, first 70F day and SUPER early for Minneapolis, so I hadn't really pushed myself at all on this ride. I was feeling very strong as we approached one of the more challenging hills on our ride and I've been training on steep climbs with my fatbike through the winter. I told Lisa that I'd wait at the top and hit it full effort. As I'm flying up the climb, I pass another rider that is not holding his line well, so I announced "on your left". He shouts: C'MON! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?. I LOL'd shrugged and said: this is the fun stuff!

I feel a little bad blowing his doors off while he was clearly at the limit. But I also felt REALLY good about my winter training and being strong at the start of spring.

Other funny part, I was riding my commuter-bike and got my Strava PR. I'm gonna have to get one of the road bikes over there soon! Lisa, for her part, also got a PR for the first time on this hill for 2016, a clear indication that her Zwift training over the winter also paid off.

/bragging
It's fun to pass people, especially up hill. Don't tell anyone that going fast on a bike is fun. You will automatically be thought or as a you know what.
Don't ride a nice road bike the same thing will happen.