View Single Post
Old 03-14-16, 04:56 PM
cthenn

Bikes: 2023 Canyon Aeoroad CF SL, 2015 Trek Emonda SLR, 2002 Litespeed Classic, 2005 Bianchi Pista, Some BikesDirect MTB I never ride.

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 647 Post(s)
Liked 136 Times in 89 Posts
Cool chart. Man, it's depressing to see how early it would be getting dark, except for the few weeks in July, when it would stay light until almost 7PM (ooh, 7PM!). I actually never thought about this issue until now, and it's true, before I gave it some real thought, I hated this time changing, especially in the Spring (but it was offset by the fact we get to go outside and play after work!). And that's what I worry about, if this gets to the ballot, people will probably vote for it, simply because they are lazy and don't think about these things, and have the same lazy rationale of "it's outdated and antiquated" and "I hate changing the clock, I lose an hour of sleep (no you don't) for ONE WHOLE DAY!"

I would have to think this would actually be a fairly contested issue, with a lot of businesses and industries against the idea putting money toward a campaign to defeat such a ballot measure. In fact, this was first time I wrote my state congressional representative...this is a big issue for me! Who cares if a reality TV star who makes penis jokes could be president, I want my DST!!!