View Single Post
Old 03-18-16, 09:57 AM
Heathpack 
Has a magic bike

Bikes: 2018 Scott Spark, 2015 Fuji Norcom Straight, 2014 BMC GF01, 2013 Trek Madone

Mentioned: 699 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4456 Post(s)
Liked 425 Times in 157 Posts
Nice to be back on the track, @Hermes! Enjoy.

I did another ride yesterday with @Racer Ex. The game plan was to ride up Mt Veeder, then up/down another (bigger) hill on Trinity Rd into Sonoma, then back via a (yet bigger) climb called Cavedale. I wasn't sure what to expect from my legs, I was pretty tired. But legs are mysterious things, sometimes being tired doesn't matter. Ha! Not yesterday, I was hurting any time the road went up. And of course the road mostly went up.

I cried uncle about a mile from the top of Trinity. "You know, if we just turned around now, it's downhill all the way into Napa and we could have a nice lunch." Sometimes it's hard for me to understand why people stop without reaching the top. Oh, right, because they're legit tired.

Despite not riding that well, it was really fun, just a great route in great company.

Very torn today between getting on the TT bike for a recovery ride vs continued laying around. So far, laying around is winning out over riding.

I'm surprised to be so tired, I think I'm only at 175ish miles this week. But I rarely ride big weekly distances any more. It will be interesting to get home & see what kind of TSS WKO assigns to this week. It will probably be more than I think.

I'd like to get one more decent ride in tomorrow before we head home on Sun. Still trying to decide what & where.

Last edited by Heathpack; 03-18-16 at 10:00 AM.