View Single Post
Old 03-20-16, 10:34 AM
grolby

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked 86 Times in 60 Posts
First Wells Ave crit of the season. A/B combined, which turned into a pretty big race by the time things really got going. I was under strict orders to use the race to get some pack riding practice in and not to get frisky or go for a result, since I'm coming off a rest week and had a power test yesterday. So that's mostly what I did except for one point a bit past halfway where I sort of accidentally bridged to a break and backed off to avoid going too deep. I couldn't really have done a whole lot anyway, I was really, really flat today. I made a push to move up and sprint on the last lap and that went pretty well until about 300m to go, when there were really no more wheels to get to from where I was and I was forced to launch from way back before the leaders had even really begun sprinting. Once they did, I saw I was going nowhere and sat up for somewhere around 20th. "Around 20th," is pretty much the theme of my race results so far this year, but it's all good. I'm having a hell of a good time. It's nice to be racing again.