Old 03-22-16, 09:57 AM
texaspandj

Bikes: '85, '86 , '87 , '88 , '89 Centurion Dave Scott Ironman.

Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1605 Post(s)
Liked 584 Times in 381 Posts
Thanks for the input. You guys are the best and the craziest.
As I mentioned before I cleaned my chain with wd40 and then sprayed it with wd40 after. But this time the chain was soaked and cleaned in paint thinner. My belief is in previous years because I never cleaned it with paint thinner, when I used WD 40 the original oil some how stayed, And I never had a squeaky problem.
Problem solved though. I didn't have any chain lube so I cleaned the chain and sprayed it with white lithium grease. RT had suggested using white lightning chain lube which btw they sell at walmart, (it reminded me I had some white lithium) but we were going on a family ride which means pulling the baby trailer with the MV and it was handy. We'll see how long it last and how much dirt it attracts.
I basically ride every other day and although the air pressure gauge reads pretty close to what it initially read, I'll continue topping off. Curiously,I used to ride my bike m-f and HAD to air up everyday, maybe better tubes nowadays?

Back in the 80s when I first started riding I kept every Single part I ever replaced. Saddles,wheels,deraileurs, everything. In the 90s I was moving to an apt with no storage and a friend said we could keep some of our stuff in a storage unit and they lost their lease and I lost all my stuff. Only a few things left that I've managed to hold on to.
Ok guys here's another one. What is the oldest item you originally purchased (not ebay period correct) you use on your Ironman? I only have a few: this saddle bag I think it's a cannondale I clipped off the tag in 1986 when I purchased it. I'll post the others later. Ok y'alls turn.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
1458643309222.jpg (92.3 KB, 74 views)

Last edited by texaspandj; 03-22-16 at 10:47 AM.