Old 03-22-16, 03:00 PM
TheShanePedals

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kc0bbq
I have one (just noticed I have the wrong year on my list...). It's a really great bike for what it is. It's better suited to moderately paced long rides than fast group rides, but I'll occasionally bring it out for that. It's just tough to chase down attacks on because you're a big target for the wind because of the upright position (25 degree stem with drop bars!). For the same reason strong headwinds are pretty fatiguing.

After 10 years it still is stock minus the saddle and normal wear parts like bottom bracket bearings and chains. Tiagra 4400 shifts nicely enough when kept in tune, but it's biggest weakness is the hoods aren't particularly comfortable. Not a huge problem on a bike that's most comfortable on the tops and in the drops, though.

It's taken me on century rides and up grades to 30%. I'm thinking of putting some racks on it for light touring, because I'd like to use it more. As the group rides I do get more and more aggressive I end up using bikes more suited to that.
Great info thanks kc!
The seller let me borrow it to check it out...since he is the Pres. of our local cycling club...he knows where to find me riding! It's in need of some TLC (shifter cable and chain) but seems in good condition. It's on the small side for me(49cm, I was told I need 52-54cm) but I will know more once I take it on a club ride.

Thanks again!