View Single Post
Old 03-28-16, 12:41 PM
Camplex

Bikes: Vitus 979, 1981 Peugeot Super Competition PXN10E, Peugeot P18T, Crescent Pepita Special 318 Rando, 1984 Ross Mt. Whitney, 1974 Schwinn Le Tour, Soma Grand Randonneur V.2

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I think you'll like the saddle, though you should certainly keep looking also.. You got a good deal and it pays to find such deals, though one also may want to splurge every now and then. If only to satisfy those cultivated curiosities, take a look at those vintage Brooks' you find in old British catalogs..like the old Tourist with the spring loop in front.

Comfort will be a relative thing and I don't think any one company has a monopoly on that! I bought a Wrights for $15 a couples of weeks back (I'll post a pic) with a small rip in the leather. It was very flexible, broken-in, and well-used. Anyway, I tightened the tension bolt and lathered up the leather, and while it isn't the prettiest/doesn't look like a Brooks, it is darn comfy. Unfortunately, its unsurpassed comfort doesn't reside in harmony with the kind of durability one will find in other saddles. (In afterthought, perhaps comparable to a B17 that has broken-in and conformed to one's butt-I don't know..)