View Single Post
Old 11-29-05, 10:56 PM

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Glad Dorothy can stir up the good thoughts for you.

It took me about a full winter to build up to riding outside. The first winter, I made the mistake of taking a break between early fall and early winter. The shock of early winter and getting back on the bike was too much to overcome. The second winter, I was smarter. I rode through the fall and into the winter- never stopped once, got my cold weather riding gear and layers down, and just really enjoyed it, though at times, it was a pain in the butt. I'm now in a new area of the country where it's more about cold rain than cold snow, and it's a new type of winter I'm finding I have to adapt to. It's not easy, but I am definitely doing it. I'm even smarter now than the previous winters, and I'm going a much longer distance, and I carry quite a bit more, since I need to be prepared for any emergency that may crop up. Plus, I mostly have to ride in the nighttime in at least one part of my commute. Now that's a story to write about. Not some sissy wuss who had no intention of committing to trying a commute by bike.

I seriously hope this girly girl is reading this forum and reconsidering his article. He should try again, and this time, be smart and be prepared.

Koffee