View Single Post
Old 03-28-16, 09:01 PM
TenSpeedV2

Bikes: Felt TK2, Felt Z5

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 943 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
Today I just got done wrenching on 2 of my bikes.

CX bike - removed fenders and swapped out tube that was flat on the rear. Started to peel the wheel decals.....wish I wouldn't have. Only the rear is done. Need to find the Goo Gone to finish it before I take it on the dirt. Swapped a Phenom 143 saddle on there in prep for a gravel/dirt road race mid April. Will finish getting that dialed in this week. Taking it from commuter to racer.

TK2 - Replaced rear Gatorskin which is shot. Bulge on the side, wear indicators are gone, getting slow leaks like a siv. Swapped back to the TKR2 wheelset because the red wheels are just too much. These have a bit more weight to them but they look so much better. Front brake track has remained black and shows no sign of wear. Technically it is a brake track but doesn't grip as much as a standard. Been using the brake less and just riding around stuff if possible. The bike wants to go fast, it's steadier that way. Might have my buddy at the shop build me up a set of all black wheels that he keeps talking about. Will have to see how the income tax return is this year. Oh, and I got my wheel centered and chain tension down pat the first try. That just doesn't happen for me, ever. Always end up back and forth and it's too loose or too tight or whatever.