View Single Post
Old 03-29-16, 11:56 AM
ElTejon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by alan s
You'd have to pry my hydraulic disc brakes out of my hands before I'd go with a triple or anything else on that bike. Have an S&S coupled World Troller on order for an upcoming trip this summer, and hopefully many more in years to come. That bike will have a mountain triple to get me up anything, and hydraulic discs for the ride down. All I need now is to repurpose my 2011 Troll. Not sure what to do with it. Maybe a 1x11?

As I said in my earlier post, the Lynskey is stiffer under a comparable load than the Surly, which is a good thing. Titanium done right is a great material for a touring frame, because it is light, can be made reasonably stiff, completely rustproof and very durable, with a ride similar to CF or steel in terms of soaking up bumps. Probably doesn't hurt that the fork is CF.
Yeah, MTB drivetrains seem like a good way to go. You would not have brifters, though, right? Mountain levers and trigger shifters of some kind? And so upright bars instead of drops right? I was thinking maybe Jones H bars ...