View Single Post
Old 03-30-16, 07:11 AM
davlafont
No newbie

Bikes: 2001 Specialized Expedition Sport | 1972 Raleigh Sprite 27 | 1973 Raleigh Super Course | 1984 Trek 720 | 2019 Cannondale SuperX

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanks for the kinds words!

Originally Posted by Prowler
...maybe just the HT lugs first then ponder a while before doing others. Take you time and seek balance.
Exactly my strategy. I lined the fork crown first. A little shaky. That when I decided to assemble the bike and live with it before adding more. Same for the decals (that was a cost decision). I do have to attach the headbadge though, that's not optional!

I trust that you've installed those herkin big wheel reflectors cuz you'll be riding after dark, safety feature...
Or so the theory goes. My commute home features busy traffic. Right now, in March, the sky is still dark enough to warrant the extra visibility. Theoretically. The fact that I still haven't commuted on this bike yet is irrelevant. There's good probability that I'll ACTUALLY commute when daylight is still quite bright. I'll reconsider the reflectors over time.

Originally Posted by Slash5
...the horizontal section of the rear derailleur should be more or less parallel with the chain stay. You will need to adjust the B screw.
Good catch. Some things I'm good about researching, others not so much.