LAJ
So it is

Bikes: Luzerne, 684, Boreas, Wheelhouse, Alize©®, Bayamo, Cayo

Mentioned: 247 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11443 Post(s)
Liked 4,825 Times in 2,801 Posts
50+4 9/33

A couple sleepless nights, but it was very good getting back out there. Mrs. LAJ says life is too short to not play bikes with my pals, so there we are.

My goal was to shadow a few people, and hang near the front as well as I could. I was always close enough to see the breaks go, and that was likely my downfall. I sort of raced like it was my first race out, and in a way, it sort of was. One of the fellows I was keeping an eye on decided to make a break for it, and he and I gave it a whirl, but they all know not to let him get away. I had tried a few laps earlier, and they gave me a bit more space, but there was still none of that. There was one team that was out in force, and they were certainly muddling it up at the front.

I spent too much time in the wind, and as fun as it was, it just wasn't very productive. Exhilaration is a funny thing, but as said, happy doesn't get on the steps. I'll pick and choose my races carefully, but I have to say, the 5 lap to go notification came all too soon.

It was good seeing valygrl, rapwithtom, and many of the other folks I hadn't seen in a bit.