Old 04-03-16, 06:35 PM
CliffordK

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18379 Post(s)
Liked 4,512 Times in 3,354 Posts
Originally Posted by CuttersRidge
Really nice art on the lugged headtube.

Well, I sort of meant to say Corvallis Craig's List and this was where it was found.

When one looks at vintage cycling posters of French bike ads, Terrot shows up. This looks really good if they still have it after a month.

Some decent photos in the below thread, it's a classy marquee.
Forum Tonton Vélo ? Afficher le sujet - "Terrot"

Albany is not far from Corvallis, I said that since we are a national forum, I just said Corvallis so no one would get confused because Albany New York is much more famous.

I've gotten to where I don't really like to travel far unless it really has my curiosity.

Some places are getting fairly good delivery services by van for these kinds of transactions, it exists in the UK. It's a bit of a hassle to be chasing bikes I know.
Yes, Corvallis is close to Albany.

But, the life of being car-free.

Corvallis is about 50 miles from home, 100 miles RT which hits about my limit for towing.

Albany would be about 70 miles from home, 140 mile RT, and that extra 40 miles IS VERY HARD, especially when towing (plus the "extra" stuff they said they'd throw in to weight me down). Now, it didn't say what side of town, North, South, East, West?

The bike itself does look interesting, but with a mix of features that makes it difficult to place. And, many manufactures made a wide range of bicycles.

The 50's, 60's, and maybe early 70's were a big transition period in 10-speed bikes, and perhaps a period of differentiation between city bikes and racing bikes.

I have difficulties recognising the different Nervex lugs without closeups and multiple angles. If it is, in fact, Nervex Pro, then the frame would probably be worth the asking price.