CuttersRidge

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CliffordK
Yes, Corvallis is close to Albany.

But, the life of being car-free.

Corvallis is about 50 miles from home, 100 miles RT which hits about my limit for towing.

Albany would be about 70 miles from home, 140 mile RT, and that extra 40 miles IS VERY HARD, especially when towing (plus the "extra" stuff they said they'd throw in to weight me down). Now, it didn't say what side of town, North, South, East, West?

The bike itself does look interesting, but with a mix of features that makes it difficult to place. And, many manufactures made a wide range of bicycles.

The 50's, 60's, and maybe early 70's were a big transition period in 10-speed bikes, and perhaps a period of differentiation between city bikes and racing bikes.

I have difficulties recognising the different Nervex lugs without closeups and multiple angles. If it is, in fact, Nervex Pro, then the frame would probably be worth the asking price.
In extreme cases, I will email a seller and ask if something can be worked out, does he/she ever come to my town or something like that. Meet halfway in between, etc.

I did once buy a bike on ebay but the seller was only about 120 miles away or so; and some van delivery service was used.

But I'm not a big buyer or seller, I mainly enjoy talking about them and have my meager few. I did find something unique a few weeks ago and prior, it had been quite awhile that I looked for a bike.

Tom