View Single Post
Old 04-04-16, 06:36 AM
NYMXer

Bikes: Cannondale SuperSix EVO w Hi-Mod frame, Raleigh Tamland 1 and Giant Anthem X

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 352 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by kickstart
Edit, I guess I'm not the only one who thinks it's odd to get emotional about someones brake preference. Thanks to the management for cleaning it up.
That guy was obviously drunk last night or something. Definitely over the top with the emotion and then some of the statements came out of nowhere. He probably understood very little English and misread/mistook some of our conversations here and then went ballistic.

Thanks moderators for removing that junk.

FYI, I did not start this thread to argue if disc brakes are superior or not, just inquiring about the additional rotational mass and asking about the Giant Defy bike.

I mean, who wouldn't want a shiny new bike with all the latest and greatest components on it, but that doesn't necessarily mean it is a better bike, or that to get one thing, you have to give up another. In this case, more weight on the wheel in exchange for greater stopping power. How many really need more stopping power and is the weight noticeable.... I think we have answered those questions.

Any input on the Giant Defy Advanced Pro2?