View Single Post
Old 04-04-16, 02:29 PM
alan s 

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1496 Post(s)
Liked 189 Times in 128 Posts
Originally Posted by Craptacular8
Couple questions. The rear "trunk" bag. How difficult is it to access items from/to while mounted to the bike? Also, on the frame bags, I've seen a disclaimer either on Revelate's site, or maybe it was Banjo brothers that the attachments could scuff the paint. Is that a valid worry, or did you do something to save your paint like using inner tubes under the velcro straps, etc?
The saddle bag is a dry bag designed to fit into a holster, held in place by straps. It is simply a matter of undoing two clips that hold straps around the back, and depending how tightly you pulled the side straps, loosening them up a bit to widen the holster. The entire dry bag then slides right out. Takes about 5 seconds to remove the bag, plus however long you need to access the stuff inside.

My frame is unpainted titanuim, so no worries about scuffing, but I suppose a painted frame could see some light abrasion. My view is a bike needs a few scratches and scuffs to show it has been used, and I personally wouldn't be the least bit concerned about it.