View Single Post
Old 04-05-16, 06:36 PM
AKTed

Bikes: Norther Lyon, Ritchey Ti Cross Breakaway, Gunnar Sport, Santa Cruz Chameleon, Salsa Beargrease, Santana Arriva, 907 Fatbike, Airborne Lucky Strike, Surly LHT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dim
speaking of the Brooks B17, my saddle height is the same height as my handlebars. My LBS is trying to convince me to get a B17 narrow. I'm uncertain now, as I have read that if the handlebars are the same height as the seat, the normal B17 is the one to go for, and one must tilt the front of the saddle one or two degrees? The narrow version is best when the seat height is higher than the handlebars?
You can see from my pictures that my saddle is about level with the bars, and my Brooks B17 is tilted up just a bit to be comfortable. I think it looks a bit weird, but that's the way Brooks fit.

I heard that the narrow works better for lower bars as well. But I think saddles are really just a matter of personal preference. I would start with the normal B17 and see how it feels. If you buy from Wallingford he guarantees you'll be satisfied, or you can get your money back. I've bought saddles from him, but I've never had to exercise the guarantee, so I can make no comment on how accommodating he is if the saddle truly doesn't work for you.

Last edited by AKTed; 04-06-16 at 07:28 PM. Reason: typo