View Single Post
Old 11-30-05, 10:32 PM
humancongereel
live free or die trying

Bikes: bianchi pista workhorse, cannondale r1000, mountain bike fixed conversion

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Djudd
You are right I have dropped the ball on my end. Not without cause though. In 1992 I tried to get my paper to let me cover the 'Triple Crown Million Dollar Challenge" I was going to all of them anyway..besides ,I told one of the sports editors, there's this kid Lance Armstrong who is really something. Of course I was told no, bicycling is no big deal. ( I wrote a free-lance piece that ran in a local sports periodical). This summer that same editor assigned another writer to go to the TdF to cover LA...I'm not in Sports but in Metro and that was reason given me. Anyway... this getting to be inside baseball but you get the drift.
Now that it is brought up I think a free-lance piece for another mag would be a good idea...
thanks
nah, not saying you dropped the ball, but like you say, you're in metro, and i don't know if that would really work with your editor and whatnot..i had no real idea what your situation is.

but yeah, if you think you can do a freelance piece, do it. i'd do it myself if i thought anyone would take it. it's sort of my d.i.y. thing--if what you're looking for isn't there, create it.