Old 04-07-16, 01:02 AM
OnyxTiger
Bonafide N00bs

Bikes: 2015 Cannondale Quick CX 4, 2014 Fuji Sportif 1.3C Disc, 2012 Fuji SST 2.0 Ultegra Di2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Camilo
Watch the end of a pro race when the big boys are sprinting ... and then tell me you're going to break lighweight, reputable brand carbon anything. Even you 200+ pounders aren't putting that much stress on your gear, I'd bet. Let alone us 150 - 175 pounders.
+1

When I got my all CF (frame, wheels, seat post, stem, handlebar) bike, I figured I'd wait to drop down to low 200s to start riding her. Well, I'm still 270 and riding her. Stiff as a cheapskate on tips... and I have no problems with the abuse she's taken. Took my aluminum bike out on a 50 mile ride once and thought she was gonna keel over from the abuse - chain skipping, odd creaking noises, even wheels were out of true. Not so with my carbon. A 50 with her with rough roads and fast corners and quick descents (not to mention heavy loaded cranks on the up), and she feels (and sounds) just as fresh as when I started.

Until something assplodes on me, I'm in the pro-CF camp. Don't over-torque and don't crash are good rules to abide by.