Old 04-07-16, 06:22 AM
savski

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My new fat e-bike disappoints - how can I get more power!

Hi all,

I wonder if you can help me out. I recently bought a fat e-bike (spec below) with the dream of cycling to work off-road in all weather conditions (I'm in Switzerland where we have a lot of snow!). Anyway, there's a big hill between me and my work place (15km total distance/550 meters elevation gain) and needless to say my 26kg fat bike only just about limps up there and I even have to get off and push sometimes, I would probably be quicker on a light-weight mountain bike to be honest but let's not go there!

So the bike has a Bafang hub motor, not sure if it's a 350w motor that's been restricted to meet European laws or if it's really a 250w motor – I tried asking the company but they never reply whatever I ask them and only email contact is given so I can't even phone them.

https://www.surface604.com/fatbike/boar/

So anyway, has anybody got any advice for me? Can I just go and buy a bigger Bafang hub motor and replace it with my existing one – or should I look into getting an additional motor for the front wheel, not sure of any other options. Any help greatly received!