Old 04-07-16, 11:34 AM
elcruxio

Bikes: 2011 Specialized crux comp, 2013 Specialized Rockhopper Pro

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 862 Post(s)
Liked 336 Times in 223 Posts
Originally Posted by Squeezebox
Hey! I only reported the price. I never said I thought they were worth $200. I landed a set at 40% . Brand new take offs. At $80? I think that's much more reasonable.

And when is the last time I criticized the LHT? I gave that up a bit ago. I stated my opinion, more than enough said, but you continue to beat on me.
Enough said from you also.
You didn't really have any valid criticisms in the first place. You just said it was heavy. Now if you had tried to tour with a bike that's too lightweight for the touring load you were carrying you might understand why the bike is beefy and stiff and due to that also a bit heavy. And the LHT is in fact livelier and faster handling than the 920, at least according to the geometry numbers (it wins on more fronts than one, check it out yourself)

My criticisms about the LHT.
It could have a bit beefier chainstays like the CoMotion Americano, but so far it has handled everything well enough so beefy enough chainstays with relatively beefy seatstays seems to be stiff enough.
It could be a bit shorter. I'd like to have a longer stem, but then again the shorter stem does liven up the otherwise relatively slow steering of the bike.
M6 rack bolt holes would be awesome, but those aren't also too difficult to tap in at any given time.
A bit less BB drop so converting the 700c model to 650b would be easier.
Chainstays could also be 1cm shorter, They don't necessarily need to be as long as 460mm
ZS44 headset compatible headtube would be nice.

There. Those are some criticisms about the LHT. But those are mostly opinions / cosmetic and you need to keep in mind the LHT does have a pretty good track record, like the Trek 520. The 920 on the other hand doesn't and it's specced wrong. 920 frameset could be nice, but I don't get the internal routing and thru axle is still a bit exotic for expedition touring.