View Single Post
Old 04-07-16, 02:59 PM
streets

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by DQRider
+1 for full resto. If it was a DL1, there are enough of those around that one could be forgiven for building a custom out of it. But how many of these still exist in riding condition?

Because the original paint is gone, "preservation" is out of the question. Restoration would be a long and interesting journey.
I know what you mean, I have other bikes that I could customise instead and I think it would be a rather handsome bike once restored.

Originally Posted by Salubrious
I dunno- just me I guess but I think the light looks better hanging off of the headset. My BSA gets lots of nice comments based on that location.

I think restoration would be good too. Its hard to find a machine that was equipped with a sector-style shift!

The lamp placement always looked too high for my tastes on these bikes. I thought the lower lamp mounting looked a little sleeker, but I suppose that's not really what these bikes are about!
I am leaning toward a restoration right now. Replacing the chrome has been putting me off though, that's probably going to hurt.

Just realised I've posted this bike before in this thread. Oh well!