Old 04-07-16, 07:55 PM
Primitive Don
Champion of the Low End

Bikes: I have some bikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 11 Posts
The nearest LBS is an hour drive, and although they have little I really want or need, they did have replacement spokes for $2 a pop. They were open on a Monday in early March and met my need, so I did grab some presta 700cx35 tubes and a few accessories to show a bit of appreciation.

Since I have been getting back into bikes, I have been checking out dealers in the area. The one where I ended up buying my wife's Trek FX WSD seems like a good place. They sell Trek, Giant and Specialized and work hard to follow up your purchase with quick service while you wait. The only thing that irritated me, is after I forked over $450-some odd bucks, the guy asks me what else I need. 'I think that will do it for 2015. Thanks, though.' I realize that's a very cheap bike by today's standards, but I'm just not nearly as wealthy as their usual customer.

I really don't expect an LBS in my area to cater to the C&V crowd, honestly. Riding my bikes in this area, I seldom see anyone on an older bike, except an older guy with his drop bars rotated upward, who may or may not dealing with a recent DUI. There is only one person I can think of in this area who is as interested as I am in vintage bikes, and I'm pretty sure he has moved away by now.

I tend to get most everything I need, bike-wise and otherwise, online. Since I live in a small town/rural setting, I'm not likely to find much other than normal groceries/hardware/Walmart offerings around here.

Last edited by Primitive Don; 04-07-16 at 08:03 PM.