View Single Post
Old 04-08-16, 11:33 AM
Ph4r

Bikes: 2016 Trek CrossRip LTD, 2012 Northrock XC6, 1971 Raleigh Grand Prix, 2003 Gary Fisher Tassajara

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by indiana_jane
I'm terrible about lying...
I didn't mean to imply that you should lie. Unless they are total snobs, I expect that you should even be able to tell them that you booked the trip, and don't want to slow down the group or look too silly and if they could give you some pointers or let you try a quick ride near the store.

I've done test rides of at least 15 different bikes at multiple stores recently and nobody gave me any real concern. The closest thing that I had was that Performance Bike wouldn't let me ride in the parking lot unless they took a $50 credit card deposit and I didn't want to deal with the hassle of getting the charge reversed when I was done, and they have a large store and let me ride inside the store. At one store I even told them I want to try a bike I have NO Intention of buying at all, I just wanted to feel what the next step up components felt like (and it was really good).

I bought this bike because it has the Hy-Rd Brakes already equipped as well as 105 brifters and derailers and my cross-levers. I hated the feeling of BB7 and Spyre's, and I loved the feeling of Shimano's Hydraulic Disc's and felt this was a really good compromise between them.

Last edited by Ph4r; 04-08-16 at 11:37 AM.