Thread: Squirrel!
View Single Post
Old 04-08-16, 12:38 PM
sced
South Carolina Ed

Bikes: Holdsworth custom, Macario Pro, Ciocc San Cristobal, Viner Nemo, Cyfac Le Mythique, Giant TCR, Tommasso Mondial, Cyfac Etoile

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked 291 Times in 138 Posts
Originally Posted by JHaldane
Yesterday I went for a quick ride after I had got off work, and along the trail it is quite common to see squirrels, snakes, turkeys, deer, and etc. While going around a sweeping left turn, I spotted a squirrel just chilling in the middle of the trail. I decide to gradually shift to the left to avoid the squirrel and about 5 feet before I get to it, it begins to dodge to the right. My first thought was good, not going to run him over and get squirrel bits in my wheels. Then at about a foot from my front tire, he decides to zig instead of zag. He turns left! Right under the front tire, followed by the rear. *thump thump* I look down, and notice that I didn't have any squirrel bits caught in my wheels; everything is just fine and keep on riding down the path!

On my way back through the area I take a look around on the trail and the side to see if I could find any evident of the squirrel. Couldn't find him, but I'm pretty sure he wasn't going to be long for this world and got picked up by a bird or a snake if he got off the trail.

And that's the story of the first animal that I have hit on a bike! I've come very close in the past, but never actually done the deed. How many other people have ran over animals on the road?
me too just like you said, except one of mine died on the spot