The Left Coast, USA

Bikes: Bulls, Bianchi, Koga, Trek, Miyata

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked 25 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by jamain1993
Hi Guys
Well I'm just starting to get into riding a bike I'm on a budget and my wife wont let me buy an expensive bike because she thinks I wont ride it.im into bodybuilding and need to work on cardio so
my friend sold me an 18 speed mountain bike made buy Next yes its a cheap bike but will it be ok to start out with? I dnt have an extra 300 bucks to buy a good one there is no used bike around here and NO bike shops so I'm doomed I used to ride a bike all over the town and then some when I was a kid LOL I'm just a little discouraged about not having an expensive bike to ride so what are your thoughts on this? also should I get a computer for it to see how far I ride? and what else would you suggest

Thank you so much
Jeff
Though I have a dozen bikes I ride to the gym on a mountain bike, heavyweight w/rack & bags, platform pedals so I don't need to change shoes -- though it does have expensive slick tires. Afterall, if you want a cardio workout why would you ride a lightweight racer?

A decent old MTB that fits is a bike you can keep and use forever, even for a tourer. I waited a while before I started acquiring roadie bikes.