Thread: Dahon EEZZ
View Single Post
Old 04-12-16, 04:09 AM
NatNitsuj

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I got one in Japan. Before I tried it, I would have thought the wheelbase would be too short for me (5ft8) or the seatpost not long enough but it was actually ok. The low gear is ok for uphill, but you need to use the frame (i.e. grip the handlebar and pedal hard) and when you do that, the frame creaks.
3 gears isn't enough if you want to go very fast (>30kmh) but you go fast enough and coast a lot on the highest gear.

I can see why they only release it in Asian markets; It's great for the asian body size. I reckon 5ft10 would be max height, and under 75kg would not put the frame under stress. I'm 70kg and as mentioned, when I go up hill the forces make the frame creak, a heavier person would probably make the frame creak on flats.

packs very small and is quick. it's great for trains. not small enough for busses during peak hour as it takes up all the leg room between 2 seats.
hard to roll. but in Japan you need to put the bike in a bag when taking on public transport anyway and since it's so light I carry it in the bag when I'm not riding it.

Last edited by NatNitsuj; 04-12-16 at 04:19 AM.
Likes For NatNitsuj: