View Single Post
Old 04-19-16, 10:20 PM
CafeVelo

Bikes: S-Works Tarmac, Nashbar CX, Trek 2200 trainer bike, Salsa Casseroll commuter, old school FS MTB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by redfooj
didnt add my caveat: older ergopower have the longer transverse thumb tabs. the newest ones with angled tabs must be easier. mine is the older style, which requires a bit of a crook of the thumb from my medium-sized paws.

Not the good stuff. Athena (now potenza) and veloce use this lever arrangement. Chorus and up have levers in the original position to allow sweeping shifts. EPS, with no mechanical parts, uses the sloping buttons.

Ive been test riding a lot of bikes for work lately, and all had Shimano. I forgot how much I hate it. The ergos don't work for me, the lever throw is too far, I can't shift up more than one at a time, it's harder in the drops because there's so much effing throw, and every time I shift the brake lever from the hoods I seem to apply the brakes a little. Not to mention I can't shift from the tops by reaching out with my pinky.

Ive tested plenty of bikes with SRAM too, and I still can't get my head around double tap. I doubt I could remember how it works when cross eyed in a sprint.