View Single Post
Old 04-20-16, 05:49 AM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2324 Post(s)
Liked 4,992 Times in 1,777 Posts
Originally Posted by usatrump
I like to set my pads fairly close to the rims as well, but rarely if ever have a problem with braking accidentally. Again, this must be a problem with your shifting technique. It only takes the most minor amount of practice before you are shifting perfectly from either the drops or hoods. Shifting does not "make" the brakes actuate. That's just bad technique. Either that, or sheer exaggeration on your part.

Personally, I love the feel of shimano brake hoods and levers.

Also, there are only two functions of the levers: braking and shifting. It is theoretically possible to accidentally brake while shifting, but it's just anti shimano propaganda to claim that shifting 'makes' the brakes work. That's just ridiculous. Practice a little bit and the problem is non-existent.

I can respect the fact that people have preferences but outlandish exaggeration is not the way to get your point across.
Actually, I too have the same brake problem sometimes shifting Shimano. Happens a lot with gloves on my various bikes. I also agree that the Athena throws feel shorter than my Ultegra 6800. No need to get personnel with the guy just because you see them differently. All your references to clunky seems to me like a poorly tuned groups independent of the brand.