Old 04-20-16, 11:26 AM
jefnvk

Bikes: 2016 Novara Mazama

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3640 Post(s)
Liked 81 Times in 51 Posts
Shoes for caged pedals?

Does anyone have any recommendations for decent shoes to use with metal pedals with toe cages? I have been upping my riding in preparation of a tour next month, and have noticed an increase of numbness in the ball of my left foot where it is contacting the pedal. I think it is due to wearing pretty soft soled shoes that don't distribute the load very well over the entire front of the foot, as my running shoes with a thicker, foamier sole seem to cause it less than my indoor soccer shoes with a thinner, gummier sole that I normally used for riding.

I am not interested in clip-in (clipless? This terminology confuses me!) solutions. I'll be spending a week and a half in Europe, where the biking is only the method of transportation, not the sole focus, there will be considerable time off the bike walking on breaks and such. I have no interest in continually changing shoes or wasting space in limited carry-on on a second pair. Plus, I already have the pedals, have already bought new leather straps, and as the bike is C&V they go for the all important "looks" factor...