revchuck 
OMC

Bikes: Specialized Allez Sprint, Look 585, Specialized Allez Comp Race

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 461 Post(s)
Liked 116 Times in 49 Posts
Originally Posted by revchuck
I'm seriously considering going back to aluminum rims on my main bike. I've already done that with my non-main bike. I just came back from a week in Tucson, and the braking was okay (not wonderful) on the descents with the Boyd/SwissStop Black Prince combination. I went on a recovery ride that was half in the rain yesterday and coming to a stop sign in the rain, the bike treating my pulling back on the brake levers as a suggestion to be considered in due time. I've about had it with that.

I'm considering HED Belgium Plus rims since they also allow going tubeless. I'm in no rush, so I'm open to suggestions.
It's done. Rear rim (which I'll build up with a Powertap G3 hub I have) and complete front wheel ordered from HED through the LBS where I work.

Now I need to figure out which tires to go with. I'm going tubeless; the 25mm IRC Roadlites on my Ultegra wheels measure 27mm on the 21mm-wide rims. I'm thinking about S-Works Turbos, and am afraid the 26s might be too wide. Anyone have experience with tubeless tires on rims this wide?

Demain, on roule!