View Single Post
Old 12-01-05, 07:12 PM
CommuterRun
Conservative Hippie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unusual day. Saw no notable wildlife, just a few songbirds.

Had two unusual occurances with motor vehicles. Both on the way home on the same stretch of highway.

The first: A car followed by a large dump truck coming up behind me. SUV coming the other way. I keep trucking along in the right half of the right lane. I figure no big deal. The car and truck slow, SUV passes, then car and truck pass me, right? Wrong. Fool cager in SUV decides she needs to stop, on the road, to let the car and dump truck behind me pass. What kind of stupid logic is this? All it did was slow everything down because now we all have to get past her to have room for car, truck and now pick-up to pass me.

The second: Approaching a + intersection from the S, but still far enough out I haven't taken the lane yet. The E/W is a through street highway. The N/S has the stop. Both roads are two lane all the way through the intersection. The N/S lanes are too narrow to share. Fool cager in pick-up towing a bay boat decides he needs to pass right now. With three cars oncoming. Lucky for him the oncoming cars completely stopped giving him enough room to get in ahead of me without him causing a head-on collision.

This sort of thing is extremely rare around these parts. Always makes me wonder WTF Cracker Jack Box did this idiot pull a Driver's License out of?

Other than that a very nice commute. High in the mid-sixties, crystal clear, azure sky, with a little bit of cross-wind.