View Single Post
Old 04-25-16, 10:10 AM
lightspree

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by yashinon
How varied is the geometry between manufacturers for say endurance type of bikes?
Geometry charts are usually available on the web. There is quite a bit of variation.

If I were you, I would go more with feel and less with intellect. You can pick up a lot of ideas that get in the way. Actual experience unwarped by prejudicial ideas will guide you better. Best is what someone above called a "magic" ride.

I can't adequately describe the value of that sort of magical ride quality. It is analogous to relationships. There might be one that is okay -- no real problems, you get along alright, etc. There might be another that is a step up. You feel like buddies, and it's pretty good.

There might be another in which there is something else. You laugh more, there's some spark....

And then there's head-over-heals dynamite. It changes your experience of life in a major way, and changes the level on which you are living.

There are rides that are analogous. Someone said of this that most people, even among longtime cyclists, never get to experience that sort of ride.

I really think it's worth looking around and finding something like that. It can be done. Life is short, years go by, why waste them.