View Single Post
Old 04-25-16, 11:37 PM
h2oxtc

Bikes: Cannondale Caad 8; Jamis Aurora Elite, Kona Disc road bike, Rocky Mntn Equipe, Apollo Imperial, KHS Aero Comp SS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Rick@OCRR
What Vic (Biker395) didn't tell you is that he got over 12,000 ft. of climbing for the day and probably over 100 miles. I skipped the Ski-Lift climb (which Vic and Daniel did not skip!) so my totals were about 2,000 vertical feet and ten miles short of theirs. Be ready to climb if you accept Vic's invitation.

Still wonderful day on the bike with great food (and an unexpected pole dancer) at Crystal Lake Café, drinks at Camp Williams and cinnamon rolls at Mt. Baldy Lodge for fuel. We are so fortunate to have these beautiful mountain roads and great places to eat out in the (pretty much) wilderness.

Rick / OCRR
Yes, I caught the 12,000 ft in his earlier post. No small feat by my books. I rode 100 miles and a little over 10,000 ft last summer - my own event (2nd annual) I call Tour of the Valley Peaks which circumnavigates our city and climbs every mountain (hill) on it's perimeter. So I've been warned.

I've read about Deer Creek and would like to ride it sometime as well. I'm undecided at the moment, we may be in the area the weekend after next. I'll have a bike along, but not my preferred hill climbing bike. It has a 53-39 with a 27 as the largest sprocket. Deer Creek would be a killer with those gears. We'll see - we may drive thru Utah instead.

Great story about Crystal Lake Cafe and Mt. Baldy Lodge! We have two local ski hills called Crystal Mountain and Mt. Baldy - no cafes though.