Old 04-27-16, 06:22 PM
rms13

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Kopsis
I'll be mighty impressed if you can get $400 for a used open-mold CX frame. Not saying it's not worth it, just that people are really skeptical about used carbon and really skeptical about open-mold carbon. Put the two together and I think you'll be lucky to get $200.

Regardless of how one feels about open mold carbon, you really do have to go into it with the mindset that the frame is "disposable" and not some kind of long term investment. So since you're likely to take a big $ hit changing, I'd just ride it until it breaks. You'll probably find it's not nearly as fragile as you think it is (it's supposed to be able to handle CX racing after all). It will probably be lots of fun to ride and if you get a year or two out of it then it isn't a total loss.
+2 on all accounts. It's a carbon frame not a glass frame. People bumping into it isn't going to break it. I'd be more concerned about theft since it probably looks much more expensive than it is. You already have that bike so riding it makes more sense than selling it for a loss and spending money a new frame where you will end up into it for the same money that you already have invested just to ride a lesser bike around.