Old 04-28-16, 08:43 AM
topslop1

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1531 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Ratzinger
You guys have figured me out! I'm not actually the 33 year-old unattractive loser who rides bikes that I've been pretending to be all along.
I had the realization yesterday that I'm pretty sure I'm going to be the guy in his early 50's with baggy sweat pants, wal-mart flannel shirt, big all white new balance walking shoes, and a neon colored fanny pack on, and I think I'm alright with that.

It's not that I don't understand aesthetics or design or even dressing well - it's just that the ideas have been packaged up, marked up, and sold out. I think of when grunge in the 90's was about grabbing some ill fitting no name flannel and pairing it with some $15 Levis (that you had ripped the label off of) and calling it a day. Corp caught on, packaged it up, and marked it up. Counter culture has a brand now.

You have to really not-try to be uncool now; like deep in your soul not try. You can't half try and appeal to a cool grundge, now hipster aesthetic; you posuer.

I would have a genuine respect for you if you were as you say an unattractive loser for the dedication in not-trying that it would take.