View Single Post
Old 04-29-16, 09:46 AM
tarwheel 

Bikes: Waterford RST-22, Bob Jackson World Tour, Ritchey Breakaway Cross, Soma Saga, De Bernardi SL, Specialized Sequoia

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Light, misty rain during my commute this morning but not enough to really make me wet, and the temperature was a very pleasant 60 F. I missed riding on Wednesday and Thursday due to forecasts for afternoon thunderstorms. The Weds forecast was a bust, but we had severe thunderstorms that hit about 5 pm yesterday, with high winds, hail and torrential rain. I am very glad that I drove because the storms kept hitting in waves until about 10 pm.

After several weeks of relatively dry weather, we seem to be returning to our usual pattern of more frequent rain and thunderstorms. I'm not thrilled about that, but it was getting pretty dry around here and the rain certainly helps the lawns and other plants grow better. Unfortunately, the weekend forecast is also looking rainy as well as next week. Tomorrow is April 30 and my last chance to meet my self-imposed "metric-of-the-month" challenge. I've ridden at least one metric century every month for about two years, and the last month that I missed was a February when we got hit by several snow and ice storms.