View Single Post
Old 05-02-16, 12:29 PM
caloso

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Canyon Exceed, Specialized Transition, Ellsworth Roots, Ridley Excalibur

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2953 Post(s)
Liked 3,106 Times in 1,417 Posts
Originally Posted by hack
Golden State Circuit Race. 35+ 123 and the P123 races. Botched them both, sadly.

In the 35+, a break got away around half way into the race. I jumped to get across, was covered instantly by the team best represented in the break. I sat up, not so much because I was covered, but because I knew shortly after the jump I couldn't get across solo. Retreated to the field. Didn't get a good count on the break as they were quickly out of sight. Heard someone say it was 9 guys. Coming into the finish, I didn't put in much of a sprint, just kept speed up. Ended up 12th. Would have won some cash if I had tried since the break was only 5. Oh well.

P123 was fast, but manageable. Not a lot of action from me until the last lap. Camped on @mattm about 1k to the finish because well ... he finishes really well. He jumped up the right side, I followed. He jumped again about 300m from the chicane (finish is chicane then 100m sprint) I went to follow and right hamstring just locked up. I tried to pedal through it and recruit the quads, but they were done. Did all I could to keep speed up and take non scary lines through the chicane to coast in for 24th.

Good fun weekend of racing though. @caloso 's team can really put on an event.
Thanks. We're really glad you enjoyed it. We've been doing it long enough at that venue that we pretty much have the kinks worked out. We had some really good sized fields, probably because we didn't have to compete with Cat's Hill like most years. This year we added a charity dinner the night before, food trucks during the event, and just for fun a one-lap TTT.

I didn't have any particular personal goals other than to work for teammates. In the E3's we got our guy the overall with some really unselfish team racing. I was really pleased how we had a plan, stuck to it, and got our guy in position. Same deal in the 45+. That's the fun of bike racing.