Thread: Every Day Pics
View Single Post
Old 05-02-16, 02:03 PM
DQRider 
Old Boy

Bikes: Mostly 1st-generation, top-of-the-line, non-unicrown MTBs/ATBs: All 1984 models: Dawes Ranger, Peugeot Canyon Express, Ross Mt. Whitney (chrome), Schwinn High Sierra, and a 1983 Trek 850.

Mentioned: 134 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 984 Post(s)
Liked 1,715 Times in 611 Posts
Originally Posted by greg3rd48
Great photos and gorgeous bikes! I am building up my first upright townie conversion now and I hope it turns out half as nice as yours. We will be heading to St. Paul/Minneapolis this late spring/early summer to visit friends and family. I can't wait to ride out there.
Thanks very much for the compliment! For the best result, I can offer the following advice: Be clear about the design, make sure you know exactly what you want before you start building. Then, don't compromise on any of the design elements just because something else is cheaper or more readily available. It is much better to save up and/or search for the parts you really want than to buy something you are just going to replace later on.

Be sure to let us know when you get out here - there are many of us locals here on the forums. Maybe we can arrange a guided tour.