Old 05-03-16, 01:37 PM
PaulRivers

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 539 Post(s)
Liked 44 Times in 38 Posts
Originally Posted by WheresWaldo
Here is a picture of the Fenix on a bike, it seems rather large

I dumped all my mini MAGs a long time ago, none of them were very bright or had any kind of battery life.
I think the lens or perspective there makes it look bigger than it is.
It's not a "tiny" light. I suggested it because it's about the perfect size for a flashlight in my opinion - big enough to be easy to grip, not to big where it's heavy or difficult to grip.

Here's a different pic that might actually understate it's size:

Here's a picture next to someone's hand that shows it's size compared to a hand:

What It's Not
- Not the tiniest lightest smallest flashlight possible
- Obviously not a headlamp
- The battery is user replaceable and the light can run off one-time-use lith-ion batteries, but they are not as widely available as AA batteries are in a "need a battery right now" situation

What It Is
- A good size for a flashlight - my priority is easy to carry and hold onto when using it, it's a good size to hold for walking
- It's dual-beam where it fills in the near area is even nicer for walking as it is for riding and I haven't seen plain flashlights that do that
- Dual purpose - only have to buy one light that works both on the bike and for walking
- Battery charges inside light, with micro usb (same as most cell phones) so no annoyance with taking the battery in and out of the light (though you can take it in and out yourself)

It seems to me (owning one and having carried it on several walks) to be a very good size and shape for walking around with, something smaller might be less easy to grip and would have less battery life. (It's fine that some people might prefer it, it's just a tradeoff)