Old 12-02-05, 10:54 AM
DnvrFox
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Digital Gee
Because I love the bike. And maybe I'll have to upgrade in six months or a year or sometime after that. Or maybe I won't. Could it be that this bike was designed for people like me, and is all I'll ever need? Who knows?

I rode a couple of road bikes and admired them immensely but also cringed with all the little aches and pains they instantly produced. Those pains are what kept me from cycling the past twenty years.

Yes, it's possible -- even probable that most of those would diminish with more exacting fit and many miles in the saddle -- BUT -- I know me. I could tell that I would hesitate to ride "because it hurts." In other words, I'd have to keep talking myself into going through the transitional period. With this bike, there is no transition.

And, to be honest, all those threads about saddles, pedals, ball bearings, etc. go way over my head. I'm a Fred, and I'll always be a Fred. I need to know how to fix a flat and keep my chain clean. I don't even care about anything else. I don't want to become a wrench. I just like to ride.

The reason I went looking for a new bike was to be able to do everything I can do now, only faster, longer and more easily. I want to do a Century next year. Not every week or even every month, but twice (once to do it, and once to prove that wasn't a fluke). The rest of the time, I want to ride my 10-15 miles on weekdays, and my 20-40 miles on weekends. I'm pretty much doing that now, and it looks like this bike would seamlessly improve my joy-factor.

So that's why this bike.
Okay - whatever turns you on is what you should get.

Have fun!