View Single Post
Old 05-04-16, 07:36 PM
FBinNY 

Bikes: too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5793 Post(s)
Liked 2,595 Times in 1,438 Posts
Originally Posted by rpenmanparker
Maybe generic isn't the right term. I meant a brand of inhaler that is not associated with the earliest introduction of the drug, i.e. a post-patent entry to the market. I dunno if that has any real meaning. Forget I said anything about that. There apparently are cheaper and more expensive varieties. Anyway I use ProAir HFA at $35.99 for 3, 200-puff inhalers after insurance.
Albuterol is a name that's only used in the USA (maybe not exclusively, so almost only). Elsewhere, the drug is called Salbutamol.

Before prescription drug (insurance) plans, I used to pay something close to $10.00 cash out of pocket for a refil, and a bit more for a complete inhaler. When drug plans became dominant this became an issue because the spot cash price was less than the insurance co-pay. For a while I'd get around the problem, by not bringing insurance, and peeling a few bills out of my money clip. Eventually, they solved the problem by raising the price, so the co-pay looked like a good deal.

Currently, I buy my Salbutamol over the counter in Cozumel paying like $30.00 (USD) for a pack of three complete inhalers.

An ounce of diagnosis is worth a pound of cure.

Just because I'm tired of arguing, doesn't mean you're right.

“One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions” - Adm Grace Murray Hopper - USN

WARNING, I'm from New York. Thin skinned people should maintain safe distance.