So it is

Bikes: Luzerne, 684, Boreas, Wheelhouse, Alize©®, Bayamo, Cayo

Mentioned: 246 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11409 Post(s)
Liked 4,771 Times in 2,773 Posts
Originally Posted by Heathpack
Nice workouts, @Hermes and @Racer Ex.

Yesterday I did an easy-paced ride with a friend up to Camp 9, which is a fire fighters station up in the Angeles National Forest just outside of town. It's an 8 mile 5% climb, I was tired so just rode it sociably. Weird how easy it seemed, even with the tired legs. It was supposed to warm up but never did, so I was under-dressed and shivering by the time we finished the descent. I warmed up by opening things up a little in the last canyon back into town. Then of course coffee afterward. It was nice.

Rest day today. Tomorrow is my set of long TT intervals before the State Championship TT.

Good racing weekend for my friends too. Fifteen year old took 4th place in the State Crit against the cat 3 men. Tri friend qualified for the Half-Ironman worlds. And a friend who decided to race Tour of the Gila only 3 days before it started took 4th GC in men's cat 3. My favorite part is that he placed 17th in the TT on his road bike.

Dang, I'm gonna have to show them all a little more respect.
I'm sure they already earned it. Just getting on a bike in the wind at Gila is worthy. 4th in GC is just bad ass.