Old 05-10-16, 07:10 PM
Spaghetti Legs 

Bikes: Numerous

Mentioned: 150 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1679 Post(s)
Liked 3,149 Times in 924 Posts
Can't say "I think I'll ride the Eddy today" anymore!

Got another one! I rolled the dice on a first time eBay seller for a EM Century in Reynolds 653. It arrived today pretty poorly packed but no shipping damage. The previous owner had done some atrocities to this frame, namely shoving the Campy Aero seat post in to the hilt and securing it with some type of 4+ inch carriage bolt. My biggest concern was damage to the seat bolt clamp and crimping in that area but other than a lot of scrapes it's in good shape. I got the seat post out with loads of WD-40 and the stand on the bottom of the saddle while twisting and pulling frame method.

Down side - the chrome looks worse than I thought and probably done for and seat post will probably be a 27.0 by the time Im done sanding out the scratches.

Up side - Other than paint dings the frame is in good shape, came with a Campy BB that is pristine (go figure!) and prospects that the headset will be good as well, spins smoothly at any rate.

The sizing info was vague in the bay listing and I had thoughts of a flip but turns out it's a perfect size for me so I'm excited to see how the Century geometry rides.

This was the set up as shown on eBay. Looks like a cloth was stuffed in the gap in the aero post.