View Single Post
Old 12-02-05, 06:47 PM
buzzman
----

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 4 Posts
Boston was cold today. Didn't have to be to my rehearsal until 2pm and left with 25 minutes to do what is normally a 25 minute commute if I take the bike path. I chose the streets- shorter, faster but Boston drivers- man. But despite that it was a fine commute into town because the wind was negligible and/or at my back so I could move right out with the traffic most of time.

The ride home, in the dark, with a cold Northwest wind felt a little forboding. I can feel a big snow will come soon and it's tough to fight the depression that comes with giving up the best part of my day- my bike rides. I always want to keep riding despite the snow, slush and ice but usually one scary incident and I'm taking the bus till March.

Had two drivers wave me through intersections and show great respect for the fact that I was out there in the cold and dark and riding. Then had two drivers completely dis me. Both pulling out of parking lots both getting the full glare of my bike light on their faces and clearly seeing me coming- with bright yellow jacket, yellow helmet, and reflective vest- and they still pulled right out in front of me.

Fortunately, it's so par for the course at this point I would have had only myself to blame had I crashed into them.

Got home, dropped off my gear and headed out to the supermarket with the bike- love my milk crate. No other bikes in the disintegrating bike rack at the market. Saw an opposum on the ride home- that was strange. And no, it wasn't a big rat it was, indeed, an opposum.