Old 05-12-16, 12:55 PM
presh223

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Does my body hurt due to fit, or other?

Hi All,

After sustaining a multitude of knee injuries from daily running (5 miles). I have decided to start cycling for exercise. I am 6'0 tall with a 34.25 Leg inseam, and 76.5 reach. Something of note: I have a visibly short torso. I purchased a 58cm Fuji ACR 2.0 Roubix. I find that I am really stretching out to reach the handlebars. My current stem is 110MM, and I just changed it to a 100MM with a 7' Rise. Not sure it made a big difference. I was talking to a rider on the trail the other day and he is 6'3" on the same size bike. Should I move down to a 56cm? My seat position is at it's maximum fore position. I ordered a 90MM stem and am hoping this will help. Although I have long legs and arms, my torso is relatively short, and so I suppose this is relevant to my reach.

<b>OTHER</b>
I don't appear to have very much bend in my elbows at all. I gravitate towards my handlebar tops frequently due to discomfort. My neck, lower back and hips ache. I've logged 5 rides in thus far at 133 miles total. My average ride is 30 miles at 16mph. I'm a fit person whom has ran, lifted, and done MMA for a long time, so I could ride longer even, but my butt hurts too much after 2.5hrs.

Anyway, overall I just want to ensure that I am not cultivating over-use injuries by being on the wrong size bike due to my shorter torso. When a fellow rider at 6'3" is riding the same bike, I grow suspect.
Any 6'0 riders on 56CM?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Cycling_1.jpg (94.5 KB, 87 views)
Cycling_2.jpg (95.3 KB, 80 views)
Cycling_5.jpg (94.6 KB, 82 views)
Cycling_3.jpg (98.2 KB, 84 views)
Cycling_4.jpg (97.3 KB, 71 views)