Old 12-02-05, 07:57 PM
michaelnel
Macaws Rock!

Bikes: 2005 Soma Doublecross

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I received my new Bell Metro with the full accessory kit today from the Discovery Channel Store.

I love the helmet. It fits me better than any bicycle helmet I have ever had, and feels solid. I like the subdued look too (titanium color). The winter kit works very well and is very warm.

The mirror is useless.. it vibrates, it's too small, and the optical quality is really bad. I normally use a Take-A-Look eyeglass mounted mirror, and there is no comparison in quality. The mirror needs a serious redesign, and I won't be using it.

The rain cover... terrible. My helmet is a size large, and so is the rain cover. But one of the snaps in the front simply will not snap to the helmet, and one of the ones in the rear pulled out of the fabric the very first time I tried (and failed) to mount it. I will likely use my J&G Cyclewear waterproof / breathable yellow cover instead.

Although I love the helmet, I really feel ripped off by the rain cover and mirror.

My advice would be to buy the Bell Citi instead. I would have, but the Citi is a universal size and won't universal up big enough to fit my fat head. The large Metro fits great.

Oh, it also came with a Blackburn Mars 3.0 blinky, which seems like a decent blinky. One cool thing about it, it has amber LEDs on the sides.

San Francisco, California