View Single Post
Old 05-13-16, 06:28 AM
Marcus_Ti
FLIR Kitten to 0.05C

Bikes: Roadie: Seven Axiom Race Ti w/Chorus 11s. CX/Adventure: Carver Gravel Grinder w/ Di2

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2349 Post(s)
Liked 406 Times in 254 Posts
Originally Posted by RJM
Garmin connect does suck. I use Strava but have often thought of using it only privately. Sometimes, I do feel like knowing that the ride will be uploaded to Strava takes the fun out of it.

I'd be surprised if that road hasn't been ridden by gravel riders or mtb'ers who just don't upload to Strava.
Yea I have the privacy options clicked on....for a while, I let my route highlights be public in the hope that maybe seeing lots of people using bike paths would get the city maintaining them....but no, they destroy and rebuild and block paths will-nilly without regard for cyclist traffic flow. For nearly a calendar year now I;ve been unable to use the city's MUP system for work commuting or riding because of all the construction blockages at one pinch point after another.

It has been so bad for so long, I haven't even seriously looked to see if MUPs are yet operable as viable commute routes again. One section (less than a block long) was posted to be closed for a calendar YEAR per their official schedule.